4 Chibok Girls Listed As Missing Were Found At Home With Parents
Presidential committee on the abduction of schoolgirls in Chibok was reportedly informed that 4 girls previously listed as missing, escaped but their parents failed to provide the information on time.
According to Sahara Reporters, Borno State Commissioner for Education Musa Inuwa Kubo made this known last Friday.
The discovery was made when Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima ordered the Education Ministry to create detailed profiles on each missing girl. During that process, involving visits to parents, 4 girls were found safe at home.
It was learnt that these girls could be among those students who escaped when Boko Haram transported them to the unknown location. Following the return the parents probably failed to notify the competent bodies because they were afraid the abductors would return for the girls.
Having taken into consideration the latest data, Kubo concluded that the current number of missing girls is 219.
This however conflicts with the information provided by Chibok official Bana Lawan, who said 4 girls were released by Boko Haram insurgents due to illness. However, the government is said to be unaware of the alleged released, a source revealed to the journalists.
1,458 total views, 1 views today