Ghana Government commences investigation into Atomic Junction gas explosion (PHOTOS)
The government has commenced investigations into Saturday night’s gas explosion that took peoples lives at Atomic Junction in Accra. The move is to help prevent the occurrence of such disasters in the country.
The Government has confirmed that seven people have so far died in Saturday’s gas explosion at Atomic Junction.
In a statement signed by Information Minister Mustapha Hamid, the government said as of 11:30am on Sunday, at least seven people have been confirmed dead and 132 injured.
The government out of those injured, 64 persons have been discharged from the hospitals with 68 others receiving treatment.
FOA gathered that “An investigation has commenced into the cause of the explosion and shall be followed with firm action to forestall future similar reoccurrences”, Our source said.
The statement said: “An investigation has commenced into the cause of the explosion and shall be followed with firm action to forestall similar future recurrences.
“Any injured persons who may have been evacuated from the scene on their own should kindly inform the Ghana Police Hospital of their location,” it added.
The government also directed the general public to cooperate with traffic detours as announced by the police and urged residents who need further assistance to reach NADMO on 0299350000 or 0299350030.
Below is the full statement
1,121 total views, 1 views today