HIGHLIGHT OF NEC MEETING HELD ON SATURDAY 26TH FEBRUARY, 2022.
Prayers was held by many ordained indigenous priests of Agulu from various denominations, and some non indigenous priests from Churches in Agulu.
Cleansing of the Unity Hall and the environs was done.
AFTER THE PRAYERS.
The President General Of Agulu People’s Union, Chief Oliver Afamefuna (Ollybest) Owelle Agulu, Thanked The Patriotic people of Agulu for standing with the truth throughout the turbulent times.
He presented his ROAD MAPS
- (a) Through his discussion with an illustrious son of Agulu, from Amezike Village, Chief Ugochukwu Okoye (Ugolanson).
He will empower 200 Agulu Youths, 10 from each village with 1 million Naira each person.
(b) Ugolanson will also support 5 women and 5 men (10 adults) from each village with N 50,000, fifty thousand naira each person.
A total of 400 people in Agulu for a start.
Chief Ugolanson had earlier told Owelle to set up a committee that will scrutinize and select the beneficiaries from each village so that he will disburse the fund before 1st of August this year.
(c) In his response, Chief Ejike Okoye, (Amulu onye na ego) said that his brother Ugolanson told him that it is because of the trust that he has on Chief Oliver afamefuna (Owelle Agulu) that made him to accept the proposal of 220 million Naira empowerment made by Owelle.
- In another development, 2 other sons of Agulu who don’t want their names to be mentioned now also promised to empower 20 Youths and 10 men and 10 women in each village in Agulu that is 800 people to be empowered by the two individuals. (Details will come in 2 months time when the beneficiaries had been selected).
- (a) Agulu Unity Hall will be furnished and equipped with modern equipments befitting of Agulu Gbulu Enyi na Mma. No more use of plastic chairs for meetings in Agulu Unity Hall.
3 (a) Chief Oliver Afamefuna (Owelle Agulu) has concluded plans with Professional Artisans and Industrialists from Aba to train Agulu Youths and establish industrial hub in Agulu for the production of various Items ranging from shoes, Garments, Household equipments etc.
(b) Owele will meet youths in a week time to discuss with them and prepare their minds for the arrival of those that will train them.
- All the unfinished or abandoned projects in Agulu, eg, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Teaching Hospital annex, Agulu, Igwe’s Palace, Skill Acquisition Center, Agricultural Projects, Fire Service Building etc. will be continued and completed.
Three Illustrious sons of Agulu who love sports has concluded plans with Owelle to build a Mini Stadium in Agulu. A committee had been set up to look for land for the Mini Stadium Project.
- All the activities of the defunct illegal caretaker committee was declared null and void.
In A motion moved, supported and adopted by Ndi Agulu, All the committees they set up, both caretaker committees in villages and all the illegal elections conducted in villages, stands dissolved.
All the village executive whose tenure had expired have between now and Easter to conduct a credible election.
(Video Clip of the meeting and other activities coming soon)
1,990 total views, 1 views today